Riverside County’s high well being officers are anticipated to share the most recent coronavirus knowledge throughout Tuesday’s Board of Supervisors assembly.
WATCH THE MEETING LIVE BELOW (STARTS AT 9:30AM)
Tuesdays are the day the state updates county metrics. Governor Gavin Newsom mentioned on Monday that 7 counties are anticipated to maneuver from the “purple” tier to the much less restrictive “crimson” tier.
Throughout final Tuesday’s replace, Riverside County didn’t meet the standards wanted to maneuver into the crimson tier, nevertheless, the county did have a metric go into the crimson tier zone.
Tier knowledge (as of two/23/21)
- New instances per day per 100K – 16.2 (Final Week 29.2)
- Adjusted Case Price – 16.6 (Final Wee 28.8)
- Positivity Price – 7.6% (Final week 11%)
- Well being Fairness Quartile Positivity Price – 8.3% (Final Week 11.8%)
In accordance with the state’s framework, to be able to transfer ahead into a brand new tier a county should:
- Be within the present tier for no less than three weeks.
- Meet the standards for motion to the following much less restrictive for the prior two consecutive weeks to be able to progress to the following tier; which might be achieved by both or mixture of standards described beneath:
- Assembly the Adjusted Case Price, Take a look at Positivity, and Well being Fairness metric standards for a much less restrictive tier.
- Assembly the standards for motion to the following much less restrictive tier via well being fairness accelerated development.
Try the state’s tier map (continues to replace every week)
Though it appears unlikely that Riverside County would transfer into the crimson tier, this week’s metric replace may nonetheless have an effect.
The county is true on the cusp of the being allowed to carry again youth/prep sports activities.
The county’s case price must be beneath 14 and as of final week, it was at 16.6. A number of the native sports activities conferences held a gathering final week revealing plans to carry a shortened soccer season ought to the county’s case price drop beneath 14.
The Desert Valley League deliberate for video games to start out on March 19.
Regardless of the “purple” tier standing, native faculties have additionally begun shifting forward with their plans to carry college students again into school rooms.
Desert Sands Unified already had its plans accepted by the county to carry college students again into the classroom by March 15.
Palm Springs Unified accepted return date of April 12 for Pre-Ok via 2nd grade and April 19 for third via fifth grades. The district is awaiting county approval.
Coachella Valley Unified is working to finalize its plans, however have mentioned a potential return date of April 15 for Kindergarten via sixth grade.
Keep up-to-date with the most recent native coronavirus information, together with reopenings and shutting, new case knowledge, reside information conferences, and different updates at KESQ.com/Coronavirus or obtain the Information Channel 3 app on the Apple Store and Google Play.