Rogue Health has been providing a sequence of digital challenges for health junkies. Rogue’s final occasion, “The Cliffhanger Challenge,” examined grip strength whereas hanging from a pull-up bar, whereas the “Bear Hug Challenge” centered on sustaining stability and management of a giant sandbag. Earlier than that, athletes raced to see who may log 50 energy the quickest on an air bike.
The “Pump-N-Row” challenge, which came about from April 16-19, 2021, known as for athletes to row 2,000-meters after which bench press their physique weight (or 75% of body weight for girls) for as many reps as attainable. Every repetition on the bench press supplied a 10-second discount on the athlete’s row time. The quickest time gained the competition. On April 30, 2021, the winners had been introduced on the Rogue Health Instagram web page.
[Related: The Best Rowing Machines For Home Gyms, Interactive Classes, and More]
The Pump-N-Row Problem Outcomes
To maintain issues truthful, each males’s and girls’s divisions had been divided into three weight classes: Light-weight, Middleweight, and Heavyweight. There was additionally a scaled possibility obtainable for athletes, however solely those that took on the Rx’d model of the problem may compete for prizes.
Listed below are the prizes awarded to the highest three males and high three ladies in every weight class:
- First — $2,500 and a Concept2 Rower
- Second — $1,000 and a Barbell
- Third — $500 and a Barbell
Male Heavyweight Winners
Frederik Smulter took the general victory within the males’s heavyweight class because of a row time of 6:51:05 and 40 repetitions on the bench press. Weights that the athletes used weren’t disclosed. Coming in second place was Michael O’Neil, who truly completed the row 33 seconds sooner than Smulter. His 29 repetitions on the bench are what led to his runner-up end. Rounding out the highest three was Ali Karaouni.
- First Place — Frederik Smulter, 0:41 ($2,500 and a Idea 2 Rower)
- Second Place — Michael O’Neil, 1:38 ($1,000 and a Barbell)
- Third Place — Ali Karaouni, 2:31 ($500 and a Barbell)
Feminine Heavyweight Winners
Whitney Gelin emerged from this competitors victorious because of row a time of seven:19; she benched 27 repetitions with 75% of her physique weight for a closing time of two:49. Taking the silver place was Ana Caldas, who was solely two seconds behind Gelin on the ultimate time. Third place went to Joanna Kawalec, who was solely 4 seconds behind Caldas.
- First Place — Whitney Gelin, 2:49 ($2,500 and a Barbell)
- Second Place — Ana Caldas, 2:51 ($1,000 and a Barbell)
- Third Place — Joanna Kawalec, 2:55 ($500 and a Barbell)
Male Middleweight Winners
Within the middleweight males’s discipline, Stanislav Solodov was the quickest rower with a time of 6:17 seconds. He additionally accomplished 27 repetitions on the bench press, which took six minutes off his row time. His 17 second closing time is the quickest out of all of the podium finishers. Brandon Jacobs was capable of safe second place by ending with a closing depend of 41 seconds. Rounding out the highest three was Colten Mertens.
- First Place — Stanislav Solodov, 0:17 ($2,500 and a Barbell)
- Second Place — Brandon Jacobs, 0:41 ($1,000 and a Barbell)
- Third Place — Colten Mertens, 0:48 ($500 and a Barbell)
[Related: One Stage Away — 2021 CrossFit Games Semifinals Seedings Announced]
Feminine Middleweight Winners
The winner of the ladies’s middleweight class could also be a well-recognized face. 4-time Fittest American Lady Kari Pearce dominated her division to take the highest honors. Her row time of seven:49.8 was not the quickest, however her 45 repetitions on the bench press carried her to victory over second-place finisher Abigail Brosh. Coming in third was Alex Garzan.
- First Place — Kari Pearce, 0:19.8 ($2,500 and a Barbell)
- Second Place — Abigail Brosh, 1:37 ($1,000 and a Barbell)
- Third Place — Alex Gazan, 1:43 ($500 and a Barbell)
Male Light-weight Winners
The victor on this division was Alexander Hamilton. The American managed to row the two,000 meters in slightly below eight minutes and obtain 28 repetitions on the bench. The mix gave him a 43-second general win over Alex Maltsev. Rounding out the highest three was Spencer Cotton.
- First Place — Alexander Hamilton, 3:15 ($2,500 and a Barbell)
- Second Place — Alex Maltsev, 3:58 ($1,000 and a Barbell)
- Third Place — Spencer Cotton, 4:03 ($500 and a Barbell)
Feminine Light-weight Winners
Amy Klemo’s mixture of a row time of 8:49 and 41 reps on the bench makes her the highest feminine light-weight finisher. Yuko Sakuyama of Japan was the runner-up. Despite the fact that she completed the rowing 25 seconds sooner than Klemo, she accomplished 4 fewer reps on the bench, which positioned her 15 seconds behind the winner. Jessica Landgrebe got here in third.
- First Place — Amy Klemo, 1:59 ($2,500 and a Barbell)
- Second Place — Yuko Sakuyama, 2:14 ($1,000 and a Barbell)
- Third Place — essica Landgrebe, 3:02 ($500 and a Barbell)
There was additionally a contest for the gyms with probably the most opponents taking part, with the profitable enterprise receiving a Concept2 rower. Wao CrossFit in Bukit Timah, Singapore, was the profitable gymnasium.
Featured Picture: @karipearcecrossfit